Thursday 6 December 2018

Initial ideas

To begin this project, I had a few ideas for colour and the kind of feel I want to achieve.


Colour

  • Fresh oceanic or sky like colours such as blues.
During the thought process, when every blue colour started catching my eye, I found this, fig no.1, and instantly captured. The smoky, fluorescent shades of blue coming off this dark and geometrical structure, which was just the stove, was very interesting to me.
Fig no.1
 
  • The bright flame made me consider having metallics, again in my work. As I always end up having metallic colours in my work, and it has now become a part of the style of my work.  
Theme
For a project, to have one direction, a theme is something that gives me a visualisation of the designs, the structure, the composition and the overall feel of what my work should have. It makes it look more personal and most importantly, having common elements in samples, makes it look like it is one individual's work rather than a group work.

A few points to consider:
  •  To try something different then what I have been doing previously, such as the traditional embroidery and the architectural patterns.
  • Keep the intricacy, as it is a personal style; but perhaps do it differently this time.
  • Not changing everything what I have experimented previously.
  • Take elements from the experiments that worked in the previous project but didn't have enough time to develop them further. Such as, playing with silver leaf.

fig no.2

One aspect that I had begun to notice around me was the structure, how it has and it is changing. An obvious example as shown in fig no.2, I realised how minimalism has taken over the structures around us, architecturally. 

Evolving structures

  • Geometrical
  • Technology – I assume, humans' requirements are changing and increasing
    with its rapidly growing population. In short, more needs to be done in less time, for which, we rely on machines.

Future

·         Colour –we mostly associate future colours to be very dull; we see greys, blues, and primarily, no colours.

·         Lack of designs – we see how our mobile phones have evolved. Every year, their designs are developing to be just a plain simple box.

Things that were more intricate in their designs, consisted of round structures and flowy patterns, are now structural and deficient in rich designs. Just squares, triangles and rectangles are what we see in the new architecture, now-a-days.
  • I could base my initial research on searching for geometrical patterns. 
  • Try to investigate and look for intricacy in those geometrical patterns to bring the details in my work.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

Initial ideas & theme Aiming to do something challenging and different from previously, I decided to have a contrary element then m...