Tuesday 15 January 2019

Process

To help influence my ideas during the initial stage of this project i.e. drawing, I have wanted to look beyond the buildings and architecture. They are just a few shapes.
  • Experimenting with the netting fabric
  • Thinking through making
  • Learning and picking elements from mistakes.

fig no.1
·       Used it as a stencil, trying to create something like this foiled fabric fig no.1.Due to its funky look, I thought I could create something more subtle to achieve a futuristic feel. 
fig no.2 shows the negative of what I achieved in the first trial.
 ·      It resembles to concrete roads, so much so that it inspired me to take the ground and the sky as a contrasting yet abstract element to be introduced in my work.




fig no.2
fig no 3


















There is a lot of sky involved in my primary images due to the human vs building’s’ angle., see fig no.3. Therefore, I have translated the grey clouds with abstracting silver leaf on different backgrounds to experiment.

 

 









Foil vs silver leaf

 Foiling – not as solid as silver leaf. I prefer silver leaf over foiling. After experimenting the foil on bond-e-web, PVA glue, impasto paste and double sided tape, double sided tape gave the most satisfactory result (as seen in the sketchbook).

Silver leaf – gives a denser surface and texture, extremely delicate to create a soiled ground; easier to control for abstract sections.

Pining

Fig no. 4 shows a sticker that is found on most security related food, I found this one on a Manuka honey Jar. Its subtle metallic lines attracted me to save it. I used it to try and translate it somehow through using pins. What I have managed to create, fig no. 5, looks more like a circuit or a very technical button of a machinery. 

fig no.4
Very hard to take the sticker off the jar, neatly.

fig no.5


  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

Initial ideas & theme Aiming to do something challenging and different from previously, I decided to have a contrary element then m...