Monday 11 February 2019

Development


Visualising

  • Select samples that are interesting and have a feel of futurism.
  • Visualise them through quick drawings and choose from them, what could be visualised digitally for a more understandable picture.

Scale of the samples

  • Time-consuming techniques could be done on a smaller scale.
  • Visualising them is a great way to decide what I want to choose to do more of. Meaning, I could pick a sample that I liked the best, and make a series of small samples, in given time; instead of, physically, increasing the scale.
  • If I wanted to make something bigger scale, it could just be visualised.


For instance, I have visualised this from my sketchbook on to a car roof, digitally. I could now make a longer version as a resolved sample.

Resolving techniques

Understandably, I could not make my final samples using all the techniques and experiments that I did to initiate this project.
Therefore, it has to be refined so they are more about what I discovered while experimenting then just using a technique that is already known. And I will be considering the following:

  • Use netting fabric to create concrete inspired texture.
  • Silver leaf, to achieve that futuristic metal like feel: such as underneath impasto prints, because to achieve that metallic background in a print is almost not possible with any other technique.
  • Consider using metallic leather, from sketchbook, for a contrasting warmer tone with the cooled tones.
  • Pinning and wrapping threads around them.
  • Clear Linoleum sheets – to stitch and pin through.
  • Laser cutting –I find this technique works a lot for me, not only because I like it but also because I feel the need to translate my drawings on to physical samples to bring that extra detail, and it works amazingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

Initial ideas & theme Aiming to do something challenging and different from previously, I decided to have a contrary element then m...