Thursday 7 February 2019

Time Management and CP2 35%


 

The pre laser cutting process is very time consuming. It gets even more time consuming when I have to sit for hours and delete those multiple lines, individually on Corel draw. It has always been the case. In my first project, I had to deal with even four lines.

In Intentions, the first unit, I could switch an engrave design with raster engraving as it is quicker and the laser didn’t have follow a specific line. Four lines, meaning the laser will draw over the same line four times, hence multiplying the time and cost.

  • Whereas this time I used leather and I wanted crisp lines of engraving.
  • Raster engraving could work on heavy materials like wood but not on soft materials like leather, therefore, I had to spend that time deleting all the lines.
  • When cutting, there is no other way; you just have to delete all the multiple lines.
 

Solution – Technician help: how to overcome double lines?

  • Investigate how to overcome or ‘over killing’ double lines on illustrator
  • What to do differently is, after doing all the tracing steps, window>pathfinder>select the image>object>group>pathfinder>outline.

35% assignment


First draft feedback – improve the quality of images, perhaps access the photography lab.  
  •  Induction – I was scheduled to be inducted in the last week due to, the photography technician’s and mine, timetables overlapping before; hence, all the sessions had been booked for the next two weeks.
  • I had to hold this assignment until the last week, due to this reason. Therefore, I had to fix those images on Photoshop as best as possible. An example is shown in fig no.1
  • Book the photography lab session 7 days in advance, unless someone cancels.


fig no.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation

Initial ideas & theme Aiming to do something challenging and different from previously, I decided to have a contrary element then m...